We hope you all are enjoying wonderful time with your families as we are this Thanksgiving. It is always nice to reflect each year on the things we are most thankful for and here are some of the things we are most thankful for now!
1. My family: my handsome husband and precious daughter and all of our family in Georgia that we love so dearly. We are blessed indeed.
2. Apple: I am so thankful for iPhones and iChat for allowing me to stay so connected with our nearest and dearest while we are miles apart.
3. Nashville: We are so thankful to call this wonderful, artsy, eclectic, beautiful city our home.
4. Cameras: I am thankful to be able to capture memories so I will never forget….like my daughters chubby legs and all the fun places we go and even the tiniest detail of every day life like what I had for lunch. No detail is unimportant!
5. Friends: I wish I could name each friend that I am thankful for but I am even more thankful that there are too many to list!
6. Cheese: yes, cheese. It is my very favorite food in the world and I am most thankful for how it can transform any dish into something comforting and delicious.
7. Music: I grew up in a musical family and married a man who loves music….it will forever be a part of my life and I love how I constantly have a soundtrack to the story of my life.
8. Leggings: Black leggings, I am thankful for their comfort and ease…what did I ever wear before leggings came along?! These should have been higher on my list…
9. My sisters: I grew up with two older brothers….and now I have 5 sisters (two in-laws on my side and three on Brads) and I am so thankful for each and every one of them. Jamie, Francesca, Erica, Leah, and Heather!
10. Dylan: Yes, technically she is in two of my top ten spots….but I am THAT thankful for her. She is the one that made me a mommy and I adore her to the point of obsession. But it is ok to be obsessed with your own child right? I am so in love with her and more in love with Brad because of her and most importantly more in love with my savior because of her too. She is a miracle in my life and she has caused my heart to triple in size.
1. My amazing husband: It’s not every day that you meet someone you have a zillion and one things in common with, fall in love, get married, and still be different enough that you can keep each other interested and happy:-) I’m so thankful that God blessed me with just that in my sweet husband.
2. My incredible Matilda: Though she only graced us with her presence almost exactly 16 months ago, I can’t imagine life without my sweet baby girl. Every day I am amazed that God gave her to us, and gave me the opportunity to be her mama. I love our little family so very much, and am blessed on a daily basis by them.
3. My parents: I am so thankful that I have parents who were and are a daily example of a Godly marriage. I love them so much and am thankful Matilda has them and my in-laws in her life.
4. Coffee: Yes this is high up on my thankful list, but not a day goes by that I don’t enjoy a cup or two (or four) of this rich tasty perfection in a cup. If you live in Nashville and haven’t had Roast, Inc., you are missing out. Go now.
5. My church family: We are so blessed by an amazing church that we love dearly. My pastor even tweets that he misses us when we miss church! Ha! But in all seriousness, if you don’t have a church, there are a lot of amazing ones in Nashville. Find one you love and get involved. You will be blessed!
6. My home: Though I’m constantly thinking about moving, I am thankful that we have a house that we can pay the mortgage on and still live comfortably. It is cozy, and in a constant disarray, but that’s ok. It is lived in and I love that.
7. My friends: This one should really be higher on the list, but they will just have to forgive me. I love each and everyone of you so much, and am so thankful for you all!!!
8. The CW: Because really? Where else can I find teen drama, vampires, witches and all my other favorite things on one network?? It is perfection.
9. Health: I am so thankful for a healthy family. I am not always the healthiest in my eating habits (I just love queso way too much) but I am so thankful that we are overall in good health.
10. Last, but definitely not least, Music: This is one thing I hope Jon and I instill a love for in Matilda. I have always loved music, but the turning point for me was discovering The Beatles for myself in elementary school. My life was forever changed, and I will always have John, Paul, George and Ringo to thank for that.