Hey guys! We know we have been a little slack on our weekend posts….but there hasn’t been too much going on recently (at least that we knew of). With summer starting we know there will be tons of fun things to put on your calendar. If you hear of something, please let us know! We would love to have our weekend posts be as full as possible!
Friday May 18
- Gymboree at Green Hills is having an open house. Go check out their facility and sign up for giveaways, enrollment specials, and more. Parents can call 615-221-9004 to reserve a spot.
Saturday May 19
- TN52 Yard Sale: Tennessee’s second largest yard sale features about 550 vendors and spans 95 miles! Hours will vary depending on the sellers but you can find out more info at tn52.com
- Pet Adoption Event: The Nashville Humane Association will have dogs and puppies available for families to adopt at the Brentwood Place Shopping Center. 10 am – 2 pm. nashvillehumane.org
Sunday May 20
- FREE Cool Springs Festival of the Arts: The three day festival combines arts and crafts, music, and books. Take advantage of the air conditioning and enjoy this event at the Cool Springs Galleria.
So…it looks like its going to be a HOT weekend. Perfect weather for swimming, shopping, or staying inside! Here are a couple of things going on this weekend along with the usual (the Franklin Farmers Market, etc.). We hope you all have a fun and safe weekend and enjoy extra time with family!
Saturday, May 26:
Zzzoofari Slumber: an overnight camp session for families or escorted children and is recommended for children 4-12 years old. Each camp session is designed to give campers an outdoors adventure in a zoo-nique setting while offering some additional camping standards, such as roasting marshmallows and outdoor play. http://nashvillezoo.org/events/zoofari-slumber
Sunday May 27 Cheekwood’s treehouse exhibit opens! You can find out all the details here.
Monday May 28 first annual Josh Byers memorial 5k in downtown Franklin.
Happy Friday everyone! We hope you have some fun things planned with your families for the weekend. We wanted to let you know of a few things going on around town:
- Be sure to check out this Awesome in April Nashville calendar which is full of all kinds of events going on in our city this month. It never hurts to check out the tourist websites every now and then, you might find gems like this to keep you informed!
- Today: The Nashville Ballet will be having a special presentation at the Gallatin Public Library for all ages to enjoy. 123 E Main Street Gallatin 11:30 – 12:30.
- Nashville’s Cherry Blossom Festival is this Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm. Check out their website to find out some of the events going on throughout the day.
- Free Baby Shower: New and soon to be parents can participate in seminars, browse vendor booths, tour the birthing facility, win prizes and much more at Sumner Regional Medical Center 555 Hartsville Pike in Gallatin. 9 am – 2 on Saturday.
- Like Cupcakes? Like getting your free books from Books from Birth? Then you should go to Cupcake-palooza. It is a benefit for Books from Birth of Middle Tennessee and includes cupcake samplings from bakers across Nashville including all kinds of educational info and learning games and more. Belmont United Methodist Church in the Village- 2007 Acklen Ave Nashvile. Saturday 2-5 pm. $15 adults, $5 ages 5 and younger.
- One of our favorite monthly events, the Nashville Flea Market is happening today, tomorrow and Sunday at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds. Check out their website for hours and details.
This weekend take your family to the FREE Dickens of a Christmas in Downtown Franklin. The streets are transformed into the time of Charles Dickens with characters telling his stories, dancers, street musicians, theatrical performers, a holiday bazaar and more. Main Street in Downtown Franklin; Sat 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Sun 12 – 5 p.m.; 591-8500 or historicfranklin.com.
We will be there on Sunday- if you see us come say hi!
Friday December 2
- FREE Nashville Tree Lighting and Christmas Parade: Tonight is the 59th annual Nashville Christmas Parade at 7 pm. The tree lighting is at 6:30 pm at Public Square. Mayor Karl Dean hosts the event and Vince Gill will be the Grand Marshal. Special guests include Titans quarterback Matt Hasselbeck and his wife Sarah. Over 5000 lights will be shining on the 40 foot tree! The parade starts steps off at LP field at 7 pm and makes its way across the river and down 2nd avenue and down Broadway.
- FREE Nashville Children’s Choir: Enjoy an evening of holiday music performed by local children at Belmont University’s Massey Concert Hall 1900 Belmont Blvd 7 pm
Saturday December 3
- FREE Porter Flea: noon-8 pm at the East Park Community Center in East Nashville. Find out all the details on their Facebook page: http://m.facebook.com/porterflea?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fsearch&_rdr
- FREE Holiday Open House: all ages can enjoy the Festival of Holiday Trees, listen to live music, create crafts, and more at the Discovery Center at Murfree Spring 302 SE Broad Street Murfreesboro 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- FREE make letterpress art with Hatch Show Print: ages 6-8 can learn about letterpress printing while using block images to make a holiday card or t-shirt (bring your own shirt) at the Country Music Hall of Fame 222 Fifth Ave South Nashville
Friday November 18
- Tweed’s Roasty Toasty sale: Go by local favorite Tweed Baby Outfitters for her Roasty Toasty Sale! Join our friends at Edgehill Village on Thursday, Nov. 17 from 6-9pm for a special evening of shopping, holiday drinks, store specials and s’mores!
- ‘Tis the season holiday marketplace: enjoy this three day event hosted by the Junior League of Nashville that features merchants from all over the country. Christmas with the Clauses is on Saturday from 2-5 with a gingerbread house decorating workshop, visits with santa, and more. Nashville Convention Center 601 Commerce Street Friday 11:00 am – 9:00 pm, Saturday 10:00 am – 7:00 pm, Sunday 11:00 am – 5:00 pm. $10 admission ($25 for all three days)
Saturday November 19
- Centennial Holiday Show: more than 170 arts and crafts vendors will be selling their merchandise. Proceeds benefit Centennial High School. 5050 Mallory Lane Saturday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Sunday 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm $4 ages 11 and older.
This weekend (Friday through Sunday) you can get your holiday shopping started early at Nashville’s oldest and most prestigious consumer show. The Christmas Village is held at the Nashville fairgrounds with more than 250 merchants from all over the country. You will find a variety of unique seasonal items and gifts including toys, clothing, jewelry, food, pottery, collectibles, and so much more. Click here for a list of the vendors.
Christmas Village is organized and operated solely through the volunteer efforts of the Nashville Pi Beta Phi Alumnae Club to benefit the Vanderbilt Bill Wilkerson Center and other Pi Beta Phi philanthropies
November 11, 2011 Fri 9:00 am- 9:00 pm
November 12, 2011 Sat 9:00 am- 6:00 pm
November 13, 2011 Sun 12:00 pm- 6:00 pm