Someone recently said that essential oils seem to be the Mary Kay for the hipster community. That sure made me laugh….it is definitely gaining much chatter and popularity these days for sure. But it is not just in the hipster community- people everywhere are loving oils and wanting to learn more. There is a reason why! These things are amazing and we believe every family should have them in their home.
There are several essential oil companies out there, and it can honestly be a bit overwhelming for a newbie to figure out which direction to go in. We want to shed some light on why we personally chose and love dōTERRA essential oils. We will never bash another company – I know too many people that feel bullied by other companies and we don’t want to do that. We simply want you to know why we chose (and LOVE) dōTERRA!
The problem is, all too often, these supposedly therapeutic-grade essential oils don’t quite live up to their billing. Sometimes their chemical profile just doesn’t meet an acceptable standard; other times, the chemistry looks good — but only because it has been spiked with a synthetic chemical. Some oils, marketed as therapeutic-grade, are actually totally synthetic. This is most likely the case with the oils you can purchase online or in health food stores.
Reasons we love dōTERRA:
– dōTERRA provides oils that are organic, GMO-free, unadultered, contain no fillers or contaminants, completely natural and safe.
– dōTERRA sources their plant material indigenously (where the plants are locally grown, rather than farming something in the states that is native to Europe or Asia) and works closely with the farmers. In producing an oil that is truly therapeutic-grade, it is not enough that the oil is 100% pure. Even though an essential oil is 100% pure, if the right species or part of a plant has not been used, or if the plant has not been grown in the right environment or harvested at the right time, or if it has not been distilled under the right conditions, the natural chemical make-up of the extracted oil will not provide predictable and powerful benefits. dōTERRA® sources all of its oils from producers who have extensive knowledge of how quality oils are produced. No short-cuts are tolerated, because it’s all about the quality of the end product — and how it works for you. And, while these producers are trusted, each batch of oil is proven in the lab.
– dōTERRA’s Healing Hands Foundation is dōTERRA International’s registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization committed to improving lives through partnering with organizations that offer hope to millions around the world. Healing Hands seeks to bring healing and hope to the world, for lives free of disease and poverty, and to ultimately empower impoverished communities with the tools needed to become self-reliant. dōTERRA International, LLC provides for all overhead and administrative costs of the dōTERRA Healing Hands Foundation, ensuring that 100 percent of all donations go directly to those receiving aid.
– dōTERRA is an encouraging and wellness-minded community that offers support, encouragement, and helps you learn everything you need to use your oils and to share them with others.
– Even doctors are choosing to incorporate dōTERRA into their practices. The Family practice that we both use diffuses OnGuard in the waiting room and in the sick rooms. They also use the OnGuard foaming hand wash in their bathrooms. Vanderbilt has been using dōTERRA oils for a while now as well – with amazing results.
CPTG – Certified Pure Therapeutic-Grade
(click the link above to learn even more about CPTG)
– CPTG is dōTERRA’s promise to the quality of their oils. At dōTERRA®, every batch of its essential oils are 100% pure and natural, carefully sourced from qualified and reliable producers. In addition, each batch is thoroughly cross tested at independent labs, using state-of-the art gas chromatography (GC) and mass spectromety (MS), to ensure extract purity, composition, potency and activity. This quality testing ensures that each batch of oil offered by dōTERRA®:
- contains the correct profile of active chemical compounds suitable for use in aromatherapy, and
- doesn’t contain any synthetic constituents or chemical adulterations.
dōTERRA‘s Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils are guaranteed to be 100% pure and natural, free of synthetic compounds or contaminates (including pesticides), and far exceeding the AFNOR and ISO quality standards. This is an extra assurance from dōTERRA® that your oils are truly therapeutic-grade — Certified Pure Therapeutic-Grade® (CPTG®).
– So when you see the CPTG on the labels, you can know that no short-cuts have been taken, either in the production of the oils or in the verification of their suitability for medicinal aromatherapy.
These are just a few of the reasons we love dōTERRA, but there are so many more. We hope you will love them and incorporate them into your daily lives as well!